The day is finally here: the bridal shower. Your bridesmaids planned the perfect event for you, but how will you thank them and your guests for their part in making the shower so lovely? Bridal shower favors are a customary way to thank your guests as they exit the event. Though you may want to give your guests the world, these four budget-friendly bridal shower favor ideas might catch your eye.
For the Glam Bride: Personalized Glasses
There is a genuinely perfect party favor for every type of bride to provide without breaking the bank. For the glam bride, the ideal favor to provide your guests is personalized glasses. Here are some tips to make this option even more affordable.
- DIY the personalization. There are tons of techniques online.
- Thrift the glasses. Eclectic is still classy; thrift your glassware for unique (and affordable) glasses.
- Buy in bulk. If you don’t want to DIY, buying personalized glasses in bulk can help get the cost down.
For the Boho Bride: Plants or Seeds
Your bridal shower will likely be in your chosen wedding aesthetic. If you’re an earthy or boho bride, the perfect bridal shower favors might be plants or seeds. These are super affordable and a gift that can last a lifetime. Here are some tips to make plant or seed favors fit any budget.
- Propagate your plants. If you already have succulents, gather cuttings and leaves to propagate into new plants a few weeks before the shower.
- Bargain hunt. At the plant shop, there may be one plant with multiple babies or tons of propagation already in process, which is like getting 10 plants for the price of one.
- Invest in seed paper. Double your thank you note as a party favor by printing it on seed paper—two birds, one stone!
For the Beachy Bride: Flip Flops
If you’re a beachy bride, the ideal bridal shower party favors could be flip-flops. Your guests are sure to appreciate a pair of good sand shoes—and as a bonus, they’re really affordable! Here are some ideas to lower costs on flip flop favors.
- Buy in bulk. The more you buy, the cheaper the pairs become; consider purchasing through a wholesaler.
- Get general sizes. Small, medium, and large will cost less than purchasing shoes in sizes 7, 8, 9, and up.
For the Rustic Bride: Candles
For the rustic bride, providing your bridal shower guests with candles is the perfect way to say thank you. Candles can get pricey, but here are some great tips on keeping the costs down.
- Skip name brands. You don’t need to provide everyone with a three-wick candle from their favorite artisanal candle shop; consider going through a wholesaler or an off-brand supplier.
- Make them yourself. Candles are easier to make than one may think; there are plenty of resources on candle making online.
- Thrift candle holders and just buy tea lights. Keep your candles cheap by skipping the scent and focusing on the holders.
No matter what type of bride you are, there are plenty of options for budget-friendly bridal shower favor ideas. The focus is finding something your guests will appreciate and that they will find useful in the long term.